I do realise that we haven’t yet reached that all important 25th day in December, but nevertheless it hasn’t stopped me from starting to reflect on the year that was 2015.
To prevent you from having to hang around here all night, here are some of the things that have happened this year, in the Hello Sam Goodbye Samantha family:
- I returned from Australia, and resumed life as an expat
- Mr H passed his driving test and our lives were transformed by having so much more time
- We developed our back garden
- A new job for me
- I started driving lessons
- A spell of freelance writing work for me
- We got the hallway re-plastered
- My first UK teaching job finished
- Oh yeah, a wedding
- My family came to visit and many of them stayed with us!
- My second job started
- My life went crazy when I started primary teaching
- I booked my driving test (9 days peeps!)
So, yeah. It’s been pretty crazy. Professionally this year has kicked my butt, but as my new hero Brené Brown says, I’ve been down in that arena, daring greatly. I’ve managed, however, to end on a really high note at school, but am seriously looking forward to having a proper break.
Personally, there are a few goals I’m thinking of setting for the new year, and once I’ve settled on them, I’ll definitely share them here on the blog – perhaps it will keep me honest.
2016 is the first year, in what seems like forever, where there will be no big changes. I’m not moving anywhere, I’m not changing jobs, I’m not getting married again that’s for sure, so I’m looking forward to it being the year where I can really smash out some personal and professional achievements.
It’s been a big old year, that much is for certain. I am looking forward to 2016, but before that, let’s all see out what’s left of 2015 in style.