My wedding is getting closer and closer and instead of freaking out, I’ve decided to enjoy myself. These are some nice things that have happened to me this week:
- A new leather bag, from Sainsbury’s no less! Gen-yoo-ine leather too! Note the scrabble keyring, it’s pretty nifty.
- I’ve been on a bit of a Virginia Woolf binge since seeing Woolf Works at the Royal Opera House. Mind. Blowing. I’ve got here a biography of the lady (how divine is that portrait!), Mrs Dalloway and some further short stories. Bliss.
- Beach huts are just absolutely gorgeous. This one made me smile.
- Sunshine on the Whitstable beach today, before the weather did that singularly English thing of turning freezing cold and then pissing it down. Ah, Britain.
- My new love of life. A friend was selling her wonderful computerised machine for a great price and so I snapped it up. It’s a beaut.
- Piecing out my wedding quilt. I am not a meticulous person in the strict sense of the word, so it’s coming out slightly wobbly, but hey, it gives it a certain charm, non?
What’s been making your heart sing recently?