It’s the penultimate evening of my 2015 Easter break and I’m feeling a little reflective. A short summary is in order I feel, so in that vein, chocks away!
- Quality time with the chap. An oldie but a goodie. We have been really busy for the last couple of weeks, and so spending some lazy time together, followed by some terribly productive house-organising time together has been wonderful. We’re kind of taking on a lot this year, you know, what with getting married and renovating our house, so it’s important we take the opportunities we can to get bored of each other 🙂
- Having food in the house. There’s nothing like a couple of bank holidays to give you the fear of running out of food, so late last week I made the effort to do a big shop in person rather than online. I also had the guilts after reading How We Eat on Love Audrey, and while I in no respect met Franky’s lofty culinary heights, I mixed things up this week and did NOT have takeaway when I had the opportunity to.
- IKEA trips. On good Friday we joined Mr H’s family on a spontaneous IKEA jaunt, and we picked up a couple of wedding bits and bobs, plus a totally wonderful and cheaty table plan. When we’ve figured out how to do it, I am definitely sharing a tutorial so do not despair!
- New front door planning. As you may have seen on Instagram, I’ve had some front door angst, but after finally getting my lovely Victorian front door over three weeks after ordering it, I am really loving imagining it in all its finished glory.
- For some unknown reason (although I will blame it on the supply teaching I’ve been doing) last week I was in the grips of a terrible stomach bug. Half heartburn, half sleep destroying cramps, but without any other graphic displays of illness, it was absolute hell. Very few things destroy a childless adult’s ability to form rational thoughts than illness and sleep deprivation. Bloody school kids.
- DIY dust. The fun part of DIY wears off pretty quickly, hey? Spent twice as long clearing the freakin’ mess up.
- Discovering that I still don’t enjoy weeding the garden. I had my suspicions, but it was good to have some solid data.
- Repeatedly missing FaceTime calls with my Dad. The clock’s have gone back here but I doubt that is significantly responsible. A combination of bad timing on both our parts, but dang it if I don’t miss the bugger!
- New job nerves. I’m currently writing a post about some out of the ordinary anxiety I’ve been feeling about starting my new job, but am yet to find all the right words. I’m getting through by taking lots of deep breaths and reminding myself that almost everything comes good in the fullness of time.
Consider yourself updated. I’d love to hear your news if you’re willing to share below!